The 2017 Iowa LICA scholarship is available online. Click here to download the application.
- GPA requirement is 3.0 or above. Attach High School and/or College grade transcripts. GPA will be used for the tie breaker.
- Student must be related to an Iowa LICA contractor or employed by an Iowa LICA contractor. Relationship to active Iowa LICA contractor includes members, spouse, child or grandchild.
- Scholarship is open to high school seniors and upperclassmen students pursuing a 2 year of 4 year degree.
- Scholarship proceeds will be paid after submission of 1st year’s transcripts for high school seniors and after submission of 2nd or 3rd year’s transcripts for upperclassmen.
- The proceeds will be paid directly to the college or university.
- The scholarship is open to any course of study.
- Three letters of recommendations from community, school, or other adult non-relative are required.
- Essay required (300 words or less). Please provide an essay addressing your education, career and employment goals. Include motivating factors or important experiences that have helped to shape these goals. Tell us how this scholarship and your future education will help you achieve these goals.
- The scholarships will be administrated by the Iowa LICA Education Committee. Judges will be selected by the committee, but will not be members of the committee or of the families of students applying.
- Applications are due by March 1, 2017. Winners will be notified by May 1, 2017. Winners will need to submit a photo.
- Applications should be sent to:
17751 Big Spring Rd.
St. Olaf, IA 52072