Monday February 3, 2020
527 16th Avenue, Dyersville, IA
Coordinated by: Linda Moyna / Moyson Resources
Instructor: Aaron Walker / Eagleone Safety Solutions
Cost: $150.00/person Payment is due at the class.
If you are eligible for IDOT training money contact Dann Wagner at the
IDOT to reserve your funds.
Registration is required. To make a reservation contact:
Cell: 563 920-3251
You will learn:
- How to properly use wire rope, chain and synthetic web slings, riggings hardware and lifting devices.
- How to interpret capacity charts for wire rope, slings and rigging hardware when performing proof test.
- The three methods used to calculate sling loading.
- Safe rigging practices and procedures.
- The correct way to give ASME hand signals & voice signals.
- ASME responsibilities of s signal persons
- Procedures for safely working cranes near power lines.
- How to comply with OSXHA requirements when hoisting personnel with cranes.
- How to perform a pre-use inspection on wire rope, chain and synthetic web slings, hooks, shackles, eye bolts, hoist rings, turnbuckles, spreader/lifting beams, load blocks, sheaves etc.,
- How to determine the weight of a load.
- Hot to prepare a lift plan.
- How to properly use hoists, chain falls and come-alongs.
- Hands on rigging techniques
- Knot tying (hands on demonstration)
You will receive:
- 8 hours of instruction
- Rigging Pocket Guide
- Hand Signal Wallet Card
- Qualified Rigger & Signal Person wallet card and certificate.