LICA State Insurance Program

LICA is pleased to offer the state Land Improvement Contractors (LICA) insurance program. This program provides broad coverage specifically designed for the unique needs of contractors. Some of the many benefits include competitive pricing, comprehensive coverage, convenient payment options, excellent claims service, and a safety group program.


  • Property – Shop, contents, and inventory in the open
  • General Liability – Includes underground exposures
  • Business Auto – Pickups, dump trucks, semi tractors, and trailers
  • Inland Marine – Tools away from premises and heavy equipment
  • Workers Comp – Medical payment for employee injury on the job
  • Umbrella – Higher liability limits


Safety Group Dividend – Premiums for all state LICA contractors in all 8 states are added together at the end of the calendar year. Then this number is divided by the total losses of these same contractors. If the loss ratio is under 55% a dividend will be paid out to the contractor who is part of the insurance program. See dividend history posted on this page for details of past payouts.

Broad Comprehensive Coverages – Over 50 coverages are built into this specialty program designed for dirt movers. These coverages include business income, computer, signs, blanket additional insureds, leased/rented equipment, misc tools just to name a few of them. Call us today for additional details on these specific coverages!

Loss Control Services – United Fire & Casualty has an outstanding loss control program. Let us know if you would like help with DOT rules and regulations for your trucks and/or drivers, safety videos for your employees, or a routine inspection of your shop or job site. In addition call us directly for questions on general OSHA safety, employee safety hand books, and overall OSHA compliance for your business. Did you know we can help you with OSHA 10 hour training, trenching and competent persons? We are here to help you with all your loss control needs.

This is an open insurance program available to all agents in the participating states. If your agent represents United Fire & Casualty, then have your agent call the company directly and ask for the LICA insurance program. If your agent does not represent United Fire & Casualty then have your agent call Prins Insurance. They offer the same quote and help broker the business.

Prins Insurance
PO Box 220
301 Main Street
Sanborn, IA 51248